Better-Than-Ever Pecan Pie
Whether served warm or cold, this is one dessert that your guests will want seconds of - especially when topped with French vanilla ice cream!
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Timesaving Tip: Make this luscious pie in the Black & Decker InfraWave Oven and save 27 minutes.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pastry pie shell in clear glass pie plate
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 5 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups lightly toasted halves or coarsely chopped pecans
- Sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Line pastry-filled pie plate with foil and add pie weights, uncooked rice or dry beans, to hold down crust. Place in 375°F oven to pre-bake 5 minutes.
- Remove pastry-lined pie plate to cooling rack. Meanwhile, in large bowl, using wire whisk, combine eggs, sugars and corn syrup. Add butter, vanilla and salt; blend well. Stir in pecans. Pour into partially baked pie crust. Place filled pie in oven and bake until filling is set, about 50 minutes. Pie is done when edges of filling are firm and center slightly quivery.
- Remove to cooling rack and cool at least 1 1/2 hours. Serve warm or at room temperature. Add sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for the perfect holiday indulgence.
Reviews and Comments: