Bacon and Crab Stuffed Wisconsin Potato Bites
Copyright © 2007 by Paul Prudhomme
Makes 24 appetizers
- 12 small red Wisconsin potatoes, about 2 inches in diameter (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Chef Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic
- Bacon Crabmeat Filling:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces fresh crabmeat, flaked
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Chef Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, if desired
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut potatoes in half. With teaspoon or melon baller scoop out middle of each potato half and discard, leaving about 1/4 inch of edge. Place potatoes cut-side up in shallow roasting pan. Combine mustard, olive oil and Seafood Magic; mix well. Brush tops of potatoes with mustard mixture. Bake until potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside.
- Combine filling ingredients in small bowl; mix until combined. Place about 1 to 2 tablespoons filling in center of each potato. Return stuffed potatoes to roasting pan and bake at 425°F 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
Reviews and Comments: