Maple Cream Sandwich Cookies
Yield 16+ sandwich cookies, depending upon size
- 3/4 cup sugar (Maple Grove Maple Sugar is preferable)
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Maple Grove Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine sugar, butter and egg. Mix in milk, syrup and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder and salt.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto lightly greased baking sheet or ungreased parchment paper. Bake about 12 minutes.
- "Paste" 2 cookies together with Filling or make "Sandwiches" using ice cream slices between cookies and freeze.
- Filling: Mix together 3/4 cup pure maple syrup, 3/4 cup marshmallow fluff, 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar and 2 tablespoons butter.
Reviews and Comments: