Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ground
- 1/2 cup Grandmas Original or Robust Molasses
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candy canes
- Sift flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and cocoa together. Set aside.
- Cream butter and ginger until light. Stir in molasses and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Gradually add flour mixture into butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Roll 1 tablespoon dough into ball with palms and flatten into disks. Dip in crushed candy canes and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes. Cool.
Reviews and Comments: