Dulce de Leche Crème Brûlèe with Burnt Orange Sugar
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) Nestlé Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 pinches ground cayenne pepper
- PREHEAT oven to 325° F. Place six 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups in 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- PLACE evaporated milk, brown sugar and granulated sugar in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until sugars are dissolved. Beat eggs and egg yolks in medium bowl; gradually whisk milk mixture into eggs. Stir in vanilla extract. Pour mixture through a fine sieve into ramekins. Fill baking pan with hot water to 1-inch depth. Loosely cover pan with foil.
- BAKE for 65 to 70 minutes or until gently set in the center. Remove to wire rack to cool slightly. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- PREHEAT broiler. Combine granulated sugar, concentrate and cayenne pepper in small bowl. Sprinkle each crème brûlée with heaping teaspoon of mixture. Broil for 1 to 3 minutes or until mixture has melted and caramelized (turned brown). Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until topping hardens.
Reviews and Comments: