Warm a chilly night with this rustic crumble featuring apples, cinnamon and plump prunes.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- 1 1/2 cups Sunsweet Prune Juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 5 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup quartered Sunsweet Pitted Prunes
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Bring prune juice to boil in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat 20 minutes or until reduced and thickened.
- Stir in honey, cornstarch mixture, butter, cinnamon and cloves. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until very thick; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Stir apples and prunes into sauce mixture and transfer to 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in medium bowl. Mix butter in with fingers until incorporated; sprinkle over apple-prune mixture. Bake 30 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
Reviews and Comments: