Chicken Lettuce Wraps With Asian Dipping Sauce
Prune-based sauces are prized in Asian cooking.
Makes 16 wraps.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into very small pieces
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups Sunsweet Prune Juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 16 small butter lettuce leaves (or other desired lettuce)
- Chopped peanuts, cilantro leaves and sliced green onion tops
- Heat sesame oil in medium skillet.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently 5 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- Add ginger and cook 1 minute more; set aside.
- Combine prune juice, honey, soy sauce and rice vinegar in medium saucepan; cook over medium-high heat 20 minutes or until glaze is thickened. (Mixture will thicken as it cools.)
- Stir about half the glaze into the chicken to coat well; cook chicken mixture an additional 5 minutes.
- Spoon chicken into lettuce leaves and sprinkle with peanuts, cilantro and green onions. Serve remaining sauce on the side.
Reviews and Comments: