Apple-Cinnamon Pancake Stackers
- 1 medium apple, Fuji or Gala, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Splenda® or other low calorie sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons lite maple syrup
- 1 cup Daisy Brand Cottage Cheese
- 6 3 1/2-inch whole wheat pancakes, frozen
- 2 fresh mint sprigs
- Combine apple, cinnamon and sweetener. In small pan, heat oil and sauté apple mixture over medium heat 2 minutes. Add maple syrup and cook additional minute.
- Fold mixture into cottage cheese, being careful not to over mix.
- Heat pancakes per package instructions.
- To serve, place 1 hot pancake on plate and layer cottage cheese mixture between pancakes evenly, 3 pancakes per serving. Top with cottage cheese mixture, a drizzle of maple syrup and a fresh mint sprig.
Reviews and Comments: