Makes 12 (1-cup) servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Variation: Two cups cubed cooked ham and/or 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and halved crosswise, may be added to rice mixture after 10 minutes of cooking time.
- 5 cups water
- 1/4 cup oil (optional)
- 2 8-oz. boxes Zatarain's Jambalaya Mix
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Bring water and oil to boil in large saucepan. Stir in rice mixes, chicken and sausage; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions.
Reviews and Comments: