Baja Fish Tacos With Mango Salsa
The warmer temperatures call for a menu that's light and healthy, but with a uniquely tropical flavor. For an easy, casual entrée with a beachy feel, Baja Fish Tacos and Mango Salsa are sure to please.
15 to 20 minutes
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Pair with Mirassou Monterey County Riesling
- 2 large ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and chopped*
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, sliced (green tops only)
- 1 small jalapeño pepper (stem, seeds and membranes removed)
- 1 pound cod fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each: ground cumin, Mexican oregano and garlic salt
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups shredded green or red cabbage
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese (may substitute shredded Monterey Jack)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Stir together all salsa ingredients in medium bowl; set aside.
- Place cod on 2 large sheets of parchment paper.
- Stir together dry seasonings in small bowl and sprinkle over cod. Bring edges of parchment paper together and fold twice. Fold ends under to enclose fish. Place packets on baking sheet and bake 15 to 18 minutes. Open packets carefully to let steam escape.
- Place equal amounts cod in each tortilla and top with cabbage, cheese and mango salsa.
Reviews and Comments: