Classic Beef Kabobs
Preparation and Cooking Time
30 to 35 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Cook's Tip: Eight 12-inch bamboo skewers may be substituted for metal skewers. Soak bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes before using; drain.
- 1 pound well-trimmed boneless beef top sirloin or beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 8 ounces medium mushrooms
- 2 medium red, yellow or green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped seeded cucumber
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cut beef steak into 1-1/4-inch pieces. Combine seasoning ingredients in large bowl. Add beef, mushrooms and bell pepper pieces; toss to coat.
- Alternately thread beef and vegetable pieces evenly onto eight 12-inch metal skewers, leaving small spaces between pieces.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill kabobs, covered, 7 to 9 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 9 to 11 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. Season kabobs with salt, as desired.
- Meanwhile combine sauce ingredients in small bowl. Serve with kabobs.
Reviews and Comments: