Baked Apples With Streusel
Under 30 minutes
Serving Size 6
- 6 large Braeburn apples
- 1 (12-ounce) can Spam Classic, finely diced
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Core apples and peel the top half of the apple; leave the skin on the bottom half. Place apples in microwave-safe baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Spam, brown sugar, oats, dates and cinnamon. Fill the center of each apple with the filling and place any extra filling around the apples. Pour apple juice over the apples and filling. Cut butter into small pieces and place one piece on each apple and the rest over the filling.
- Cover the apples with plastic wrap. Pierce the plastic wrap in several places to allow steam to escape while cooking. Place apples in microwave and heat on medium-high power for 15 to 20 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Spoon the liquid in the bottom of the baking dish over the apples before serving.
Reviews and Comments: