Asian Spinach Salad
Yield 12 cups salad; 4 to 6 servings
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 10 cups fresh baby spinach leaves (about 8 ounces)
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package Morningstar Farms Meal Starters
- Veggie Steak Strips
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted unsalted peanuts (optional)
- In small bowl, combine lime juice, soy sauce, cilantro, brown sugar and garlic. Whisk in 2 tablespoons of the oil. Set aside.
- In large salad bowl, place spinach. In large nonstick skillet heat 1 teaspoon of the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in salt and pepper. Spoon on top of spinach in bowl.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Add veggie steak strips. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from skillet. Keep warm.
- Add lime juice mixture to hot skillet, stirring to remove any bits of steak strips. Heat through. Drizzle over spinach and onions. Arrange steak strips on top. Garnish with peanuts, if desired. Serve immediately.
Reviews and Comments: