Chicken Fingers With Dipping Sauces
- 1 cup fat-free or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 pound chicken tenders, all visible fat discarded
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Creamy Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/4 cup fat-free or light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
Blackberry Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup all-fruit seedless blackberry spread
- 2 tablespoons fat-free or light mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Put yogurt in medium bowl. Add chicken, stirring to coat. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray baking sheet with vegetable oil spray. In another medium bowl, stir together coating mixture ingredients.
- Dip one piece of chicken at a time in the coating mixture, turning gently to coat. Arrange chicken in a single layer on the baking sheet. Lightly spray chicken with vegetable oil spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center and coating is crisp.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together ingredients for the desired sauce.
- Serve chicken fingers with sauce on the side.
- This recipe is reprinted with permission from Healthy Recipes Kids Love, Copyright (c) 2008 by the American Heart Association. Published by Publications International, Ltd. Available at online at www.shopheart.org.
Reviews and Comments: