Star-Spangled Black Forest Ice Cream Cake
Celebrate the Fourth of July with a fabulous party and this star-shaped ice cream cake.
Makes about 12 servings
- 2 packages (approximately 21 ounces each) family-size brownie mix, divided
- Eggs, oil and water needed to prepare mixes
- 12 cups vanilla ice cream, divided
- Patriotic Confetti Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray Star Pan with vegetable pan spray.
- In large bowl, prepare 1 brownie mix following package instructions; pour into prepared pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on cooling grid 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Spread 6 cups ice cream evenly into star pan. Return cooled brownie to pan; top with remaining ice cream, spreading top smooth. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, line 13x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper, extending 2 inches above edge of pan; spray with vegetable pan spray. Prepare remaining brownie mix following package instructions; pour into prepared pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few crumbs attached. Cool completely in pan. Remove brownie from pan using parchment paper to lift from the pan. Cut into star shapes using different sizes of star cutters.
- To serve, arrange and stack brownies on top of ice cream; add confetti sprinkles. Serve with Grilled Northwest Cherries.
Reviews and Comments: