Baked Spiral Ham and Vegetable Frittata
- 4 to 6 slices Smithfield Ham, cut into bite size pieces
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary and/or fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 ounces Swiss cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium sized bowl toss together the first six ingredients. Melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-low heat in a 10 to 12-inch flame proof skillet allowing the butter to coat the bottom and sides.
- Place the ham and vegetables in the skillet; simmer on low heat for 5 to 7 minutes. Using the same bowl, beat the eggs together with half and half and milk, season with herbs, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over vegetables; add grated cheeses to the vegetables in the skillet, stir gently just to mix.
- Over medium heat, allow frittata to set in skillet for 5 to 7 minutes then transfer to middle rack in the oven and finish baking 20 to 25 minutes. The frittata is ready when the center is set (not liquidy) and the appearance is golden. Cut into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.
Reviews and Comments: