Autumn Pumpkin Soufflé
Courtesy of the American Egg Board
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Recommended pairing: Starbucks Komodo Dragon Blend, a deep, full-bodied blend with a complex flavor that is bold and unanticipated. This earthy coffee from Indonesia offers a lively flavor with herbal undertones.
- Cooking spray or butter
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Crushed ginger snaps, optional
- Spray 4 (8-ounce) soufflé dishes. Dust with sugar. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Add sugar 2 tablespoons at a time, beating constantly until sugar is dissolved and whites are glossy and stand in soft peaks. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored. Thoroughly fold in pumpkin and spice. Gently fold yolk mixture into beaten whites.
- Spoon into prepared dishes. Place cups in baking pan. Fill pan with very hot water to within 1/2 inch of top of dishes.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven until puffy and delicately browned, about 15 to 20 minutes. Top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired.
Reviews and Comments: