Apple Cranberry Cobbler with Spiced Whipped Cream
For an extra special holiday treat, serve with Organic Valley Organic Egg Nog.
1 hour 15 minutes
- 8 cups tart apples (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 10 ounces cranberries (thawed and drained, or fresh if available)
- 4 tablespoons Organic Valley Butter (Salted, Cultured or Pasture Butter)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats (old fashioned, not the quick-cooking type.)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or substitute spelt four)
- 1/2 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- sea salt (to taste)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Organic Valley Milk
- Spiced Whipped Cream
- 1 pint Organic Valley Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Thaw and drain frozen cranberries, or wash fresh berries and pat dry. Toss cranberries and apples together into a 10x13-inch glass baking dish.
- In medium sized mixing bowl, using your hands, blend together to resemble a coarse meal: butter, sugar, oats (rub between hands to break into smaller bits), flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, spices, and sea salt.
- Stir in milk and syrup; mixture will become somewhat sticky. Drop by spoonfuls onto apple/cranberry compote and pat down slightly. Sprinkle with sugar, if desired. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until apples are soft and topping has become golden.
- Whip cream with cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar until stiff. Serve atop warm cobbler.
Reviews and Comments: