Roasted Turkey and Pan Gravy
3 hours, 30 minutes
Makes 6 servings
- 1 12 - to 14-pound turkey
- 1 3/4 cups Swanson Chicken Stock
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Remove package of giblets and neck from turkey cavity. Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Tie ends of drumsticks together.
- Place turkey, breast side-up, on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush turkey with stock. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of the meat, making sure thermometer is not touching bone.
- Roast at 325°F for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until thermometer reads 180°F and drumstick moves easily, basting occasionally with stock. Begin checking for doneness after 2 1/2 hours of cooking time. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove turkey from roasting pan. Pour off any fat. Stir stock and flour in a small bowl until mixture is smooth. Stir stock mixture in pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Season to taste. Serve with the turkey.
Reviews and Comments: