Baked Candy Apples
35 to 40 minutes
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Good idea: For extra low-calorie decadence, add a dollop of fat-free whipped topping to each apple before serving.
- 4 unpeeled Granny Smith apples (or your favorite apples)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 13-ounce bag Weight Watchers Pecan Crowns or Caramel Medallions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Using a melon baller or paring knife, de-stem and core each apple, leaving the bottoms intact.
- Place cored apples in 8-inch glass baking dish. Pour water around apples in baking dish. Add lemon juice and cinnamon sticks.
- Cut candies into 1/4-inch pieces. Set aside 8 teaspoons. Place remaining candy pieces into each apple.
- Place apples in oven and bake until apples are thoroughly cooked and fork-tender, about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven briefly and top each apple with 2 teaspoons candy. Return to oven and bake until candy is just melted, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove promptly and serve warm.
Reviews and Comments: