Hearty Cajun Andouille Sausage Dip
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 16-ounce loaves King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- 8 ounces Velveeta, cut into smaller blocks
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 ounces Cajun-style Andouille smoked pork sausage, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Carve out center core of one loaf of bread within two inches of bottom and sides, keeping bread intact.
- Cut reserved bread and other loaf into 1-inch cubes for dipping.
- Place sausage pieces into large frying pan and sauté until cooked thoroughly.
- Add cheese and cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Add Cajun seasoning; adjust to taste.
- Pour into hollowed out loaf.
- Serve with celery sticks, additional pieces of bread cut into cubes for dipping.
- Serve with a spoon or knife to help spread this hearty dip.
Reviews and Comments: