Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Wine Pairing: Cavit Lunetta Prosecco or Merlot
- 1/4 cup Progresso Italian style Panko crispy bread crumbs
- Pinch gray salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large bunch (about 1 pound) asparagus, trimmed to even lengths
- Unsalted butter for greasing baking dish
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Additional gray salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- Heat oven to 400°F. In small bowl, mix bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Add parsley, lemon peel and cheese; toss well.
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat 4 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt to boiling. Add asparagus. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer about 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Butter shallow baking dish. Toss cooled asparagus with 2 tablespoons olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide asparagus into 4 equal bundles. Arrange 2 slices of the prosciutto on a work surface so they slightly overlap each other. Top with 1 asparagus bundle and roll up carefully in prosciutto. Place in baking dish. Repeat with remaining prosciutto and asparagus. Flatten tops of bundles slightly; sprinkle with topping.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated and crisp. Serve immediately.
Reviews and Comments: