Beefy Shepherd's Pie With Horseradish Mashed Potato Topping
- 1 bag Ore-Ida Steam n' Mash(r) Cut Russet Potatoes (24 ounces)
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 jar Heinz HomeStyle Beef Gravy (12 ounces)
- 1 cup lower sodium beef broth
- 1 packet brown gravy mix (1.6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a shallow 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until browned, but not crispy. Remove bacon with slotted spoon to plate lined with paper towels. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of fat from pan. Add stew meat and brown on all sides. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes more. Stir in vegetables, cooked bacon, gravy, broth and gravy mix. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer for 1 minute. Transfer to prepared baking dish and set aside.
- Prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions. Stir remaining ingredients into prepared mashed potatoes and distribute evenly over stew mixture. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve hot.
Reviews and Comments: