Nutrition Information per serving:
Makes 20 servings
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) Nestlé Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen lite whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan; line with wax paper.
- HEAT water to boiling in small saucepan; remove from heat. Stir in potato flakes until moistened. Cool to room temperature. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
- BEAT sugar and butter until crumbly. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; beat in potatoes. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with milk. Stir in morsels. Spoon into prepared baking pan.
- BAKE for 45 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Invert onto wire rack; remove wax paper. Cool completely. Transfer to serving platter.
- FROST sides and top of cake with whipped topping. Just prior to serving, arrange strawberry slices and blueberries on top of cake to represent the American flag.
Reviews and Comments: