Black Forest Brownie With Frozen Cherry Cream
Makes about 6 servings
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pound (about 4 cups) individually quick-frozen cherries
- 1 1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 packages (about 15 ounces each) brownie mix (8 x 8-inch size)
- Eggs, water and oil to prepare mix
- Vanilla Whipped Icing or whipped topping
- Whole Bing cherries, for garnish
- In medium bowl, combine sugar, water, lemon juice and extract; stir until sugar is dissolved. Place in freezer until slushy, about 1 1/2 hours.
- In food processor fitted with grater attachment, grate frozen cherries. Immediately whisk into slushy sugar syrup. Cover with plastic wrap or place in airtight container. Freeze 2 to 3 hours or until mixture is a soft serve consistency. Fold in ice cream; freeze 8 hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325°F. Spray Dessert Shell Pan with vegetable pan spray. In large bowl, prepare brownie mix following package instructions; spoon 1/2 the batter into cavities of prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 38 minutes or until brownies test done. Cool in pan 5 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Place cooled brownie dessert shell on plate; add scoop of cherry ice cream mixture; add whipped icing and cherry to garnish.
Reviews and Comments: