Bertolli Baked Eggplant Parmigiana
1 hour 25 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 large eggs, beaten with 3 tablespoons water
- 1 large eggplant (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 jars Bertolli Tomato & Basil Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In medium bowl, combine bread crumbs and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Dip eggplant in egg mixture, then bread crumb mixture, coating well. On lightly greased baking sheets, arrange eggplant in single layer. Bake 30 minutes or until golden.
- In 13 x 9-inch baking dish, evenly spread 1 cup sauce. Layer 1/3 of the baked eggplant, then 1 1/2 cups sauce, 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of the remaining Parmesan cheese; repeat. Top with remaining eggplant and sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and top with remaining cheeses. Bake uncovered an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Reviews and Comments: