Avocado Breakfast Pitas
Recipe for breakfast bliss: Two fabulous ingredients, avocados and crisp bacon, tucked into a take-and-go sandwich.
Yield 4 portions (about 2 cups)
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 fully ripened avocado from Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro or flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (6-inch) pita breads, cut in halves
- In large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, about 8 minutes.
- In mixing bowl, place avocado, tomato, cilantro, lemon juice and salt.
- Remove cooked bacon from skillet; crumble; add to avocado mixture; toss to combine.
- Remove all but 1 teaspoon bacon drippings from skillet; add avocado mixture to skillet; heat until warm, about 1 minute. With large spoon, stuff each pita half with about 1/2 cup avocado mixture.
Reviews and Comments: