Servings 2 medium pizzas
- 2 ounces warm water
- 1 tablespoon active, dry yeast
- 1 4-ounce package of dry Idahoan Roasted Garlic Flavored Mashed Potatoes
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 6 ounces cool water
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 6-ounce package of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- Toppings: diced ham, pepperoni, sausage, hamburger, pineapple chunks, green pepper, onion, extra cheese
- Stir the yeast into the warm water. Stir until dissolved. Add mashed potatoes and flour.
- Stir all other remaining ingredients into bowl. Knead by hand for approximately 5 minutes, or until dough is elastic and smooth.
- Place dough in a mixing bowl sprayed with non-stick spray. Set in a warm area, covered with a towel, and let rise for 1 hour.
- Punch down dough and divide into two halves. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out until it is very thin. The shape of the pizza doesn't really matter - round or square. The idea is for it to be homestyle, not perfect.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place dough on baking sheet or pizza sheet. Top with desired amount of pizza sauce, spreading evenly.
- Evenly distribute the cheese and your favorite toppings.
- Bake for 17 to 21 minutes, or until crust edges become light brown.
- When pizza is done, take out of oven and let rest for 3 minutes. Slice and serve.
Reviews and Comments: