Fudge and Marshmallow-Topped Cocoa Cookies
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- Butter and egg called for on cookie mix pouch
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar, for pressing out cookie dough
- 36 large marshmallows
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 bag (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- Make cookie dough as directed on package, adding cocoa.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten each cookie to 1/4-inch with a greased-bottomed glass, dipped in 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake at 375°F for 7 to 9 minutes. Immediately top each cookie with 1 marshmallow. Return to oven; bake 2 minutes longer, until marshmallow is soft. Lightly press each marshmallow to flatten. Cool; place cookies on cooling racks. Cool completely.
- Heat in saucepan, 1 cup sugar, 1/4-cup butter and milk over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture boils. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Stir in water until frosting is smooth and spreadable. (Frosting sets up quickly, so thin as necessary with additional water).
- Swirl 1 tablespoon frosting on top of each cookie. Top with candy sprinkles. Let stand until frosting is set.
Reviews and Comments: