Quick Chicken Nuggets
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Tested in an 800-watt microwave oven
Serving suggestion: To make a complete meal, accompany the dish with side dishes of rice or potatoes and a green vegetable.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup dry herb stuffing
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Cut chicken into bite-size chunks. Place butter or margarine in a glass pie plate and microwave on high 1 minute, or until melted.
- Put dry stuffing on a piece of wax paper and crush with a rolling pin. Add cheese, basil and thyme; mix. Dip chicken chunks into melted butter and then roll in stuffing mixture.
- Arrange coated chicken in a single layer in a 2-quart rectangular glass dish. Cover with wax paper and microwave on high 3 minutes.
- Using a fork, move less-done chicken to the edges of the dish. Re-cover and microwave on high 3 to 4 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165°F as measured with a food thermometer. Let stand 2 minutes before serving.
Reviews and Comments: