Avocado and Apple Chicken Salad
Yield 8 servings (about 6 cups)
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
- 2 cups cooked skinless chicken or turkey cut in 1-inch pieces (about 12 ounces)
- 1 cup diced sweet red apple
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped flat leaf (Italian) parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped mint (about 10 leaves)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 fully ripened Avocado from Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- 4 cups mixed baby salad greens
- In large bowl, combine chicken, apple, celery, pecans, parsley, onion, mint, jalapeño, salt, lemon juice and olive oil; toss gently.
- Add avocado; toss gently until all ingredients are combined, leaving some diced avocado visible while mashing some.
- Serve over mixed greens garnished with more avocado, parsley and grapes, if desired.
Reviews and Comments: