Balsamic Marinated Steak & Asparagus
15 minutes to 2 hours
Makes 4 servings
- 4 beef round (sirloin) tip side steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Remove and reserve 2 tablespoons. Place beef steaks and remaining marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Place asparagus in shallow microwave-safe dish; add 1/2 cup water. Cover and microwave on HIGH 3 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain asparagus. Add reserved 2 tablespoons marinade to asparagus; turn to coat. Set aside.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 12 to 14 minutes for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning once. (Do not overcook.)
- During last 3 minutes of grilling, arrange asparagus on grid around steaks; grill 2 to 3 minutes, turning once. Season steaks and asparagus with salt and pepper.
Reviews and Comments: