A Tip Of The Cap Treats
Makes 24 treats
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
* Substitute fruit leathers or taffy, rolled thin, for fondant.
- 1 package (about 16 oz.) brownie mix (8 x 8 in. size)
- Water, oil and eggs to make mix
- 1 package (14 oz.) Light or Dark Cocoa Candy Melts
- 24 pieces filled or solid chocolate square candy
- Colored Rolled Fondant, in school colors*
- 24 brown candy-coated chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray Brownie Pop Mold with pan spray; place on cookie sheet.
- Prepare brownie mix following package instructions. Fill Brownie Pop Mold cavities 2/3 full; bake 25-35 minutes or until brownies test done. Cool in mold about 30 minutes. Carefully remove by applying gentle pressure to the bottom of the mold cavity while gently pulling away sides. Cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter. Trim brownies to 1 1/4 inch high.
- Place cooling grid over parchment-lined cookie pan. Melt candy following package instructions; cover brownies with melted candy and chill until firm. Attach chocolate squares with melted candy; let set. For tassels, roll out fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut into 1 1/4 x 1 1/2-inch strips; cut deep slits on one end for fringe. Brush uncut edge with water; roll to form tassel. Cut 1/8-inch strips for cord and attach to mortarboard with damp brush; attach tassel. Add chocolate pieces to top with melted candy; let set.
Reviews and Comments: