Turkey Burgers with Grilled Granny Smith Apples and Brie
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 4 1/2-inch cubes brie cheese
- Olive oil, for brushing the turkey burgers
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced 1/2-inch crosswise
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Ciabatta rolls, split and grilled
- 1 cup arugula
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to high. Shape ground turkey into 4 round patties about 1 1/2-inches thick. Make a small indentation in center of each patty, place 1 cube of cheese in it, and press the turkey up and around, to cover it. Brush both sides of the burger lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill until cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side. While burgers are cooking, brush apples on both sides with vegetable oil and grill until golden, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Split rolls and toast on grill, cut side down, until golden. Place a burger on the bottom of each bun. Top with 1 or 2 apple slices, several sprigs of arugula, and the remaining bread. Arrange the burgers on a platter.
Reviews and Comments: