Asian Beef and Wild Rice Salad
- 2 beef top loin (strip) steaks, 3/4 inch thick
- 2/3 cup light Asian-style dressing, divided
- 1 1/4 cups long-grain and wild rice blend
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups hothouse cucumber, cut into half-moon slices
- 1 1/4 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Place beef steaks and 1/3 cup dressing in food-safe plastic bag; coat evenly. Close bag and refrigerate 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Cook rice in water according to package directions, omitting butter and salt, if desired. Cool in large bowl.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 15 to 18 minutes (over medium heat on gas grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Add pepper, cucumber, edamame, 2 tablespoons green onion, cilantro and remaining dressing to rice; toss to combine. Season with salt.
- Carve steaks into slices. Place salad on plate. Arrange steak over salad; top with remaining green onion.
Reviews and Comments: