- 6 pounds fresh tomatoes (approximately)
- 1 pouch (4 ounces)
- Mrs. Wages Salsa Mix
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- Wash tomatoes. Scald 3 minutes in boiling water. Dip into cold water. Cut out cores. Remove skins. Chop tomatoes coarsely.
- If fresh tomatoes are not available, use home-canned or commercially canned tomatoes.
- Drain liquid off. You will need 5 pints of tomatoes chopped into coarse pieces.
- Put tomatoes into a 5-quart saucepan. Add salsa mix and vinegar. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. Salsa is ready to serve or to can or freeze.
Reviews and Comments: