"Wheely" Easy Mac & Cheesy
Yield 4 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Look for edamame in the frozen food or organic section of your local store.
Frozen peas can be used in place of edamame.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) dry wagon wheel or rotelle pasta
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (shelled soybeans)
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) Nestlé Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups (8-ounce package) shredded Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese blend or other cheese blend
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- COOK pasta according to package directions, adding edamame to boiling pasta water for last 2 minutes of cooking time; drain.
- MEANWHILE, COMBINE evaporated milk, cheese, garlic powder and black pepper in medium saucepan. Cook over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- ADD pasta and edamame to cheese sauce; stir until combined. Add tomatoes; stir gently until combined.
Reviews and Comments: