Start to Finish Time
- 3/4 cup sweet onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 MorningStar Farms Grillers Original Burger
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard or Dijon Mustard
- 1 slice multigrain or whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1/3 cup baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon Gruyere cheese or Swiss cheese, shredded
- In large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onions, covered, over medium-low heat for 16 to 20 minutes or until onions are very tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in mushrooms and garlic. Cook over medium heat, covered, for 4 to 6 minutes or until onions begin to brown and mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook veggie burgers according to package directions.
- Spread mustard on one side of bread slice. Top with arugula (if desired). Place burger on arugula. Spoon onion mixture over burger. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Reviews and Comments: