Chocolate Chip Cherry Cookies
Yield: 3 to 4 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick-cooking or old fashioned oats
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups dried cherries, cranberries or raisins
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups walnuts or pecans, lightly toasted and coarsely chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place butter and sugars in bowl of a mixer fitted with paddle attachment and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Scrape down sides of bowl; add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla, mixing well between additions.
- Scrape down sides of bowl; add oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Scrape down sides of bowl; add cherries, chocolate chips and walnuts, if desired, and mix again.
- Deposit 2-ounce portions on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325°F for 12 to 14 minutes. Spin sheet mid-bake for even results.
- Remove from sheet after baking and allow to cool.
Reviews and Comments: