Cheese Stuffed Jalapeño Peppers
This recipe for Cheese Stuffed Jalapeño Peppers is an easy way to bring some heat to the game - they can be made ahead of time, then just popped onto the grill or under the broiler to be ready before the next time out.
Makes 16 appetizers
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
*If you can't find Manchego, use 1-1/2 cups Jarlsberg cheese.
- 16 pickled jalapeño peppers, rinsed and drained
- 2 4-ounce logs fresh goat cheese
- 1 cup grated Jarlsberg cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Manchego cheese*
- 1/4 cup diced green onion (scallions)
- Dash of hot sauce
- Cilantro leaves
- Optional garnish: pickled mini hot red pepper
- Using small sharp knife, cut slit down one side of each pepper. Leave stem intact and remove seeds and veins. In bowl, mash goat cheese with Jarlsberg, Manchego, onion and hot sauce. Divide among peppers, stuffing each generously. Refrigerate. (Recipe can be made ahead to this point.)
- Arrange peppers in heavy aluminum foil packet. Grill 8 - 10 minutes until cheese begins to melt. Garnish with cilantro and, if desired, hot red peppers.
Reviews and Comments: