Almond Crusted Shrimp
Makes 4 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Created by Almond Board of California
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound (61- to 70-count) shrimp, with tails and veins removed
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons almond or corn oil, divided
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Stir together almonds, flour, parsley, seafood seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Dip each shrimp in egg white, then in almond mixture; lay on a baking sheet or platter until ready to cook.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet; grill shrimp in batches on medium heat, cooking 3 to 4 minutes, turning once, until pink and golden. Use remaining 1 tablespoon oil as necessary.
- Serve shrimp immediately, accompanied by lemon wedges.
Reviews and Comments: