30 to 35 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
Cook's Tip: If using 95 percent lean ground beef, combine ground beef with 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs, 1 egg white and ingredients as directed in step 2.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices rustic crusty bread, cut 1/2 inch thick
- Olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped red tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine Bruschetta Topping ingredients in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine ground beef, cheese, green onions and garlic in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties in center of grid, over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 11 to 13 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 8 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, brush both sides of bread slices with oil. About 3 minutes before burgers are done, place bread on grid. Grill until lightly toasted, turning once.
- Season burgers with salt and pepper, as desired. Place 1 burger on each bread slice; top each with 1/4 cup Bruschetta Topping. Serve open-faced.
Reviews and Comments: