Makes 4 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Notes and Suggestions: Can be prepared as a frittata or as an omelet, with a flatter fold-over shape.
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (or one 8-ounce can whole kernel corn, well drained)
- 1/2 cup sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 1/4 cup non-fat milk
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, combine vegetables, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, and water. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until crisp-tender.
- Thoroughly blend eggs and milk. Pour over vegetables. Cook over low heat until eggs are almost set. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil about 6 inches from heat until cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve from pan or slide from pan onto serving platter.
Reviews and Comments: