Holiday Breakfast Casserole
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) Johnsonville Original Breakfast Sausage Links
- 6 English muffins cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- Cook sausage according to package directions. Cool slightly; cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish, layer half the English muffin cubes and half the cooked sausage. Repeat layers. Drizzle with butter and top with the cheese, onion and red pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over casserole. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Uncover and bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes.