Cherry Swirled Cheesecake
Servings 1 9-inch cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling or topping
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle® Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Combine crumbs, sugar and margarine; press firmly on bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- In blender container, purée pie filling until smooth; add orange rind.
- In mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add eggs, lemon juice from concentrate and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour half of batter into pan; top with 1/2 cup purée. Repeat layering. With knife, swirl purée into cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until center is set. Cool. Chill. Serve with remaining purée. Refrigerate leftovers.
Reviews and Comments: