Chocolate Bread Boy
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups Gold Medal Better for Bread flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Red Star active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherries, well drained
- Assorted decorations (Wilton cinnamon drops, other candies, decorator's icing and orange peel curls), if desired
- Bread Machine Directions: Generously grease Wilton Gingerbread Boy pan. Measure carefully, placing all ingredients except assorted decorations in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select Dough/Manual cycle. Remove dough from bread pan, using floured hands. Pat and press dough in pan. Cover and let rise in warm place 40 to 50 minutes or until almost double.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when tapped. Turn pan upside down onto wire rack; carefully remove pan. Cool completely. Decorate with assorted decorations.
- Conventional Directions: Generously grease Wilton Gingerbread Boy pan. Stir 3/4 cup of the flour, the sugar, dry milk, salt and 1 package Red Star active dry yeast (instead of the 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast) in medium bowl until blended. Stir in 1 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F) (instead of the 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water), the butter and almond extract. Stir in melted chocolate chips until blended. Chop the cherries; stir in cherries and enough of the remaining flour to make dough easy to handle. Knead about 8 minutes or until smooth. Cover and let rise in warm place about 35 minutes or until almost double. Pat and press dough in pan. Continue as directed.
Reviews and Comments: