Apple Mince Pie
Makes one 9-inch pie
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Tip: 1 (9-ounce) package None Such Condensed Mincemeat, reconstituted as package directs, can be substituted for None Such Ready-to-Use Mincemeat.
- 3 medium all-purpose apples, cored, pared and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- Pastry for 2-crust pie
- 1 (27-ounce) jar None Such Ready-to-Use Mincemeat (Regular or Brandy & Rum)
- 1 egg yolk plus 2 tablespoons
- water, mixed
- Place rack in lower half of oven; preheat oven to 425°F. In large bowl, toss apples with flour and margarine; turn into pastry-lined 9-inch pie plate. Spoon mincemeat evenly over apples.
- Cover with top crust; cut slits near center. Seal and flute. Brush egg mixture over crust. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F; bake 25 minutes longer or until golden. Cool. Garnish as desired.
Reviews and Comments: