Pecan Pie Bars
Makes 36 bars
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, chilled
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice from concentrate
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup chopped pecans and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Press mixture on bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining pecans, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and lemon juice from concentrate; pour over crust. Bake 25 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool. Cut into bars. Store, covered, at room temperature.
Reviews and Comments: