Almond Pear Bread Pudding
- 1 large ripe Bartlett pear, peeled, cored and diced
- 4 cups French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 3/4 cups fat-free half and half
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Fit grill with deep-dish bake pan. Set temperature to 350°F and preheat for 5 minutes.
- Place bread cubes in bake pan and cook for 10 minutes to lightly toast. Turn off grill. Remove bake pan from grill and let cool.
- Sprinkle pears over bread cubes. In a medium bowl, whisk together half and half, sugar, extract, cinnamon and eggs. Slowly whisk in butter and then pour over the bread and pears in the bake pan. Press bread cubes down lightly to make sure all are coated with liquid and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 350°F.
- Sprinkle bread and pear mixture with almonds, place bake pan back on grill and bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm, dusted with powdered sugar, if you like.
Reviews and Comments: