Candy Cane Chain
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
*Note: Visit www.wilton.com for icing recipes.
**To make it easier to place sugars and nonpareils, pour into Disposable Decorating Bag. Cut small hole in tip of bag and move the bag over the area to be covered.
- Roll-Out Cookie Recipe
- 2 to 3 drops Peppermint Candy Flavoring or 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Candy Cane Comfort-Grip Cutter
- Cookie Sheet
- Cooling Grid
- Red and White Cookie Icing
- Red and White Candy Melts, melted
- Ruby and White Pearlized Sugar
- Red and White Nonpareils
- Buttercream Icing*
- Prepare Roll-Out Cookie Recipe following instructions, adding peppermint candy flavoring. Roll out dough 1/8 inch thick; cut candy cane shapes and arrange on cookie sheet. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute; remove to cooling grid and cool completely.
- To decorate with Cookie Icing or melted Candy Melts, drizzle in zigzag pattern or completely fill in stripes.
- To decorate with Sugars and Nonpareils, spatula ice cookies smooth. Arrange sugars or nonpareils in stripe pattern**; lightly press into icing.